Thursday 11 April 2024

R.S.GOOD.BYE

RSGB PRICE HIKE

I've been an RSGB member since I got my license and I have done it to support the hobby rather than for any sort of personal benefit. I don't really use the QSL Bureaux anymore and I don't rate the monthly magazine either, so when my renewal letter popped through the door, I decided to call it quits.

I know £72 isn't an enormous amount of money, but in the current climate, I can find better things to spend it on. I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions.

73, Tom, M7MCQ


4 comments:

QRP - When you care to send the very least! said...

Hi Tom!

Sounds like the RSGB is going down the same road as the ARRL. Lots of folks over here not renewing for the same reason. Personally, I shelled out for ARRL Lifetime Membership back in the 80s. I have gotten my money's worth.

72 de Larry W2LJ

MadDogMcQ said...

@W2LJ : Hi Larry, hope you are well. Yes, I guess you made the right choice back then. A sound investment.

73, Tom, M7MCQ.

VE9KK said...

Good morning Tom I have been a member for 8 years and this year my renewal price was 73 pounds. When that is converted to Canadian dollars I was looking at 126.00. That is a bit to rich for me so I let my membership end in March of this year.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

MadDogMcQ said...

@VE9KK : Good morning Mike! I’m guessing that the RSGB have seen a big slump in subscriptions as a result of this increase. It’s just that little push over the edge. They’re not alone in making increases, of course, but when your subscription prices go up for this, your CableTV, your Phone, your Insurances, your MotoGP, your Amazon, etc, etc, etc, it all adds up and forces you to make some cuts.

Hope you’re well.

73, Tom, M7MCQ