DOES IT MATTER?
When I started as a licensed operator, I was eager to find some sort of 'benchmark' so that I didn't make a newbie error and buy a duff radio. It didn't take me long to find the Sherwood Engineering Table.At the time, this seemed like the be-all and end-all, so I gave it much credence and considered it to be more important than the opinions of YouTube reviewers (many of which were financially invested in their suppliers).
Over time I got a little wiser and it was when I purchased a Yaesu FT-DX101D that I realised there was so much more to buying a radio than an RMDR figure from a lab-test!
It made me ask myself a question relating to some older radios I'd either owned or used. The question was simple - did you consider that radio to be a really good receiver??
- YAESU FT-1000MP Mk5 - ABSOLUTELY!!!
- YAESU FT-DX3000 - ABSOLUTELY!!!
- KENWOOD TS-2000 - ABSOLUTELY!!!
- YAESU FT-891 - ABSOLUTELY!!!
- Hell, I even consider the tiny BELKA DX to be an absolutely great receiver!