Thursday 28 September 2023

LEADSOUND EXTERNAL SPEAKER

A TINY PORTABLE SPEAKER

It's a fact that most QRP radios have pretty poor built-in speakers and while you may 'put up' with them, it would be nice if there was a better option. Well the obvious answer is to carry around an external speaker but the truth is, they're usually bigger and clumsier than you'd like. Enter the LeadSound Portable Speaker...


It's a very compact device around the size of a golfball and has a 3.5mm stereo jackplug which you pop into your radio's headphone/spkr socket and away you go!

It has an amazing sound for something so small and the internal rechargeable battery will last about 8 hours - I've never managed to flatten it even on an all-day Field Day! It recharges with the supplied USB lead. It comes with a protective pouch and is easily stored in your radio bag.

I first got one of these for my (tr)uSDX because the internal speaker is just so shockingly bad and I prefer not to wear earphones if I can help it. I was amazed at the difference and so I bought another one to keep at the caravan.




If the speaker won't plug into your radio's headphone socket because there's something in the way, simply use an adapter lead as shown below.


I strongly recommend these little beauties and use them all the time. You can also use them with any other audio device.






Available from Amazon and probably lots of other places.

73, Tom, M7MCQ.


No comments: