Friday 23 September 2022

(tr)uSDX MODS

Tru Bling!

I work with stainless-steel everyday and so it was pretty inevitable that I should ask the CAD Department if they could copy the plastic lid, personalise it and make a couple of replacement lids for my (tr)uSDX radios.

They won't really serve much purpose other than stroking my vanity and generally looking great on the radios. I also took advantage of the opportunity to reduce the screen aperture size by 1mm all around - now it looks much more 'fitted'. Previsouly, there had been a tiny gap around the screen and it bugged the hell out of me.  Additionally, I fitted a stand to each radio. They cost £4 each from Amazon and come with self-adhesive backing. LINK HERE.

And before you ask, no I am not able to make any more steel faceplates. Sorry, but I had to pull some strings to get these two done. I intend to replace the black screws with stainless-steel hex heads. Here's some pix...








Modified with new screws




Thanks for popping by!

(tr)uSDX Review here

2 comments:

Adam Melancon said...

That looks amazing! Great job!

MadDogMcQ said...

Thank you Adam - that's very kind. And thanks for visiting the Blog.

Regards, Tom.