Tuesday 2 June 2020

THE RIGHT TOOLS

Right Tools For The Job!

Isn't it ridiculous how we can go for ages without using the right tools? Ever since I started to use Anderson Pole Connectors, I've struggled to crimp the pins neatly and have had to solder every time to give extra strength to the connection.

With the correct cimping tool, there is actually no need to solder! Well actually, I still do, but it's not a requirement. The proper crimping tool does a fabulous job of forming a tight, reliable clamp onto the wire.

I bought my IWISS AP-153045 from SotaBeams here in the UK with a pack of Anderson Pole Connectors. I can now start to switch over from 4mm Banana Plugs on all my equipment to these. I can also make a nice little Banana-to-Anderson patch lead for those occasions when a PSU only has banana sockets.

1 comment:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Tom, I am a firm believer in using the right tool for a job. If not the job can be frustrating, not look professional and in some cases the wrong tool can actually get you hurt.
73,
Mike
VE9KK