Sunday 10 May 2020

GB0VED - SPECIAL EVENT

VICTORY IN EUROPE

West Manchester Radio Club obtained the special callsign of GB0VED to use over the weekend of 8-10th May 2020 to mark the 75th anniversary of VE DAY in 1945.

Many of the Club Members devoted time to working the callsign from their home QTH and (with the generous supervision of a fully licensed member), I was able to work the 30M band on FT8.

I managed to get 150 unique callsigns in the log and I worked 33 different countries! And I'd like to thank each and every one of them for helping me to achieve this.


One thing which bugged me a bit during the course of the FT8 operation was the number of operators who can't be bothered to fill in their Locator Square or even their Name!

This meant that I had to go looking on their QRZ page to retrieve the information and enter it into the WSJT-X log. Well, I guess I didn't have to but I hate leaving bits of information blank in logs.


Apart from that, I enjoyed myself and was pleased to do my bit to raise the profile of the Club - not to mention commemorate a very important date in history.

73, M7MCQ.



1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

So unfortunate we can't legally operate on 30m FT8 in the Netherlands. Digimodes are only allowed above 10.140 here. Congrats on the amount of contacts. 73, Bas