Saturday 2 November 2019

PLAYING FT-8

SAME CONTACTS AGAIN

I was playing FT8 again today and realised that the contacts on-air were pretty much the same that have been on-air each time I go on!  Occasionally there'll be a new individual, but in the main, there's no one new to work.

The other night I got a Cuban who I've been chasing for ages and I got a Turkish operator who had been avoiding my logbook, but other than that, I couldn't find anyone new.

And what puzzles me a little is that the same people appear when I change bands. I don't understand that - unless they've got multiple radios working.



2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Tom, I noticed that as well. I try to only work the DX if new. I'm only monitoring and rarely call CQ. I also see a few stations that are on multiple bands at the same time. And yes, that is possible. Most of them are using SDR radios and have multiple WSJT-X screens open, 1 for each band. Technically it is possible now to be active on all bands at the same time and use a robot for FT8. That way you can be on 24/7, if you have time you do the "clicking" yourself to get that "radiostation" feel, otherwise you let the robot do the work. I'm shure there are some stations that do it like this....just to prove it is possible and for fun! 73, Bas

MadDogMcQ said...

Hmmm, such automation doesn't sound like much fun to me Bas, LOL.