Saturday 30 March 2019

ICOM CONTROL SOFTWARE

RS-BA1 

Today I ripped out my shack and installed the IC-7100 in its permanent place. It's been one of those days where what could go wrong, did go wrong! Grrrr. Anyway, after that I decided to install some radio-software onto the new "big" PC. That was a ball-ache too! I must have upset someone, somewhere and karma was working against me.

So, some hours later, everything is working fine and dandy. Well apart from the fact that I still have to install the Elecraft KX3 and KXPA100 but I'll save that for another day. That reminds me - I need a power distributor!

The "CS-7100" Cloning Software is pretty straightforward and not dissimilar to Chirp. Does what it should and very little more.



I also installed the much more useful RS-BA1 Software which provides you with Rig-Control either locally or remotely. And when I say remotely, I mean from anywhere in the world!!


The only trouble is, it doesn't expand to full screen. On a HD monitor at 1920x1080 it looks quite small. Mind you, it makes it easy to run QRZ at the side of it.


Another MAJOR annoyance is that the software appears to expect you to be using a Mic plugged into the computer and NOT the mic on the radio!  If you use the radio-mic, an empty carrier is transmitted. Very annoying (unless it's something I'm doing wrong).

No comments: